What was the issue you were addressing or working on?
- Development of Care Governance structures
- Monitoring quality and driving improvement
- Developing accountability across partnership delivery
What you did?
- Establishment of Care Governance arrangements early in our partnership journey.
- Formal establishment of East Renfrewshire CHCP as integrated concurrent partnership in 2006/07.
- Care Governance arrangements discussed in ‘shadow’ period and established in first year.
- Care governance committee established as a formal sub-committee of the CHCP Committee – August 2006. Terms of reference of the Care Governance Committee:
- To oversee the development of the Care Governance Strategy
- To ensure that clear strategic objectives for care governance are supported by an Action Plan with identified action owners
- To ensure that appropriate linkages are established across key partner agencies in relation to the provision of care for East Renfrewshire residents
- To put in place mechanisms for monitoring the quality of care
- To provide regular reports to the CHCP Committee, Management Team, Professional Executive Group and others as appropriate
- To produce a Care Governance Annual Report
- To ensure that national guidance is appropriately implemented
- To support arrangements for practice fora, incident investigation, review and organisational learning
What were the outcomes - benefits or otherwise?
- Representative nature of Care Governance Sub-Committee.
- Strong linkages to critical areas – Clinical Governance Forum, Adult Support and Protection Committee, Child Protection Committee, Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements.
- Specific policy role in endorsing new partnership policies.
- Quality and improvement central feature of terms of reference of Care Governance Sub-Committee.
- Established service effectiveness programme set out in the Care Governance workplan.
- Progress against workplan and key findings reported regularly to Sub-Committee and via CG Newsletter. June 2013 newsletter click here Winter 2013/14 newsletter click here
Contacts - to find out more
Kim Campbell, Primary Care Development Manager, email@example.com