Development of Service Specification
Q6 REVISED QUESTION: What is the person’s access to leisure/social activities and/or life long learning?
Scottish Government (2006) Make My Day! The Same as You? National Implementation Group: Report of the Day Services Sub Group.
Scottish Government (2010) Towards an Autism Strategy for Scotland
Social Care Institute for Excellence (2007) Community-based day activities and supports for people with learning disabilities. How we can help people to ‘have a good day’?
Bannerman, D.J., Sheldon, J.B.Sherman, J.A. & Harchik, A.E. (1990) Balancing the right to habilitation with the right to personal liberties: the rights of people with developmental disabilities to eat too many doughnuts and take a nap. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis[end link], 23, 1, 79–89
Lancioni, G.E., O'Reilly, M.F. & Emerson, E. (1996) A review of choice research with people with severe and profound developmental disabilities. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 17, 5, 391-411.
Hawkins, A. and Look, R. (2006), Levels of engagement and barriers to physical activity in a population of adults with learning disabilities. British Journal of Learning Disabilities, 34, 220–226.
Brown, H. (1994), What price theory if you cannot afford the bus fare: normalization and leisure services for people with learning disabilities. Health & Social Care in the Community, 2, 153–159.
Dagnan, D., Look, R., Trower, P. and Dennis, S. (1995), An Evaluation of Joint Training for Staff and Clients in Shared Action Planning in Solihull. British Journal of Learning Disabilities, 23: 98–101.
1. Better Info Better Lives – Leisure: Weblinks http://www.betterinfo.org.uk/home/leisure/weblinks.aspx
2. Mencap (2008). Leisure for Everyone: How to campaign to help people with a learning disability take part in leisure activities more easily http://uat.scld.scot.nhs.uk/Uploaded Resources/103/LeisureForEveryone.pdf
3. Scottish Disability Sport – West of Scotland: Disability Sport Opportunities http://www.scottishdisabilitysport.com/sds/assets/File/SportingBooklet.pdf
4. Scottish Disability Sport homepage http://www.scottishdisabilitysport.com/sds/
5. UK Sports Association for People With Learning Disability http://www.uksportsassociation.org/about/index.html
6. Scottish Autism – Central Scotland: Day and Vocational Opportunities http://www.scottishautism.org/adult-services/central-scotland/day-vocational-opportunites/
7. Mencap (2009). Music and People with Learning Disabilities: A Guide for Music Leaders http://www.musicleader.net/uploads/documents/doc_669.pdf
8. FAiR (2012). A Leisure Guide to Edinburgh for People with Learning Disabilities http://www.fairadvice.org.uk/userfiles/Leisure Guide to Edinburgh 2012(1).pdf